Friday, November 2, 2012

October

October flew by! Darren and I have been so busy with school and work and I haven't had much time for anything else! Okay, we have done a few things, but there has been no time for blogging! We went to the hay maze a few weeks ago with some friends and it was really scary! It took us about 45 minutes to get through and I screamed a whole lot! 3 years ago, Darren and I first held hands in the hay maze. I can't believe we have been together for over 3 years! We also carved pumpkins this month. Darren tried to carve a Mitt Romney pumpkin but it did not turn out so well, so we don't have an "after" picture. We ate quite a few pumpkin desserts this month, and on Halloween we made mummy pizzas, ate lots of candy and popcorn, and watched one of my favorite movies, Hocus Pocus. Holidays seem so boring now that we are married and lame. I guess they will become more exciting when we have kids. 


If your name is Amy Smith or Linda Smith, well actually any of the girl Smiths don't read anymore because your Christmas present is on here!!

Also, during the month of October we have been working on refinishing a chair. We are sort of obsessed with refinishing furniture and we want to buy so much furniture we see at DI we just have no room for it in our house. We have been really wanting a chair though, and we found the perfect one a few weeks ago. It is quite a large piece of furniture, but it rocks, literally it's a rocking chair, and I love it. Here is a picture of the before...

It's pretty ugly and it looks like it belongs in a hunting lodge. We have done SO much work on this chair, well Darren has done so much work, especially sanding! I have sewn one of the cushions, and I am working on the other one. We have stained it twice but we are going to give it one more coat. Because we don't have anywhere to stain it except a little balcony, we thought that we would stain it inside. We tried to put it in our extra room, but the chair is too wide and it could not fit down our narrow hallway, so we stained it in the kitchen. We thought we were going to die from the smell, and we were both getting really bad headaches so we slept with our sliding glass door open when it was snowing outside. We just kept the heater on in our room, and it was fine. It did take a day to reheat our whole house again but at least we didn't pass out from the fumes! It seems like we have been working on this project forever, but it is almost done!

Really, Amy or Linda don't read anymore!

Lastly, this month, I have been working on making hand stamped jewelry. I have been in love with hand stamped jewelry for a while. Darren bought me a necklace 2 years ago for my birthday and I love it. I decided that I could make it, and so I asked for an early Christmas present and my mom got me all of the supplies to make hand stamped jewelry. I wanted it as an early Christmas present so I could make Christmas presents for my family. I have really enjoyed doing it so far, and with a little practice I think I have gotten pretty good. Here are two of the pieces I made so far.



















So, that is what we have been up to lately. We are also super into politics so you can find us listening to talk radio or watching the news. We have turned into our parents. Darren's birthday is November 6th, and guess what we will be doing? I hope Romney wins, it will be a good birthday present for Darren!

1 comment:

  1. Ok that jewelry is super cute!!! Can I pay you to make something for me? Or can Jordan as a Christmas present for me? I love it!

    ReplyDelete