Monday, November 19, 2012

Darren's 25th Birthday

Darren turned 25 a few weeks ago! His birthday was on the same day as the election, so we were pretty depressed when Romney lost. I think I have mostly gotten over it, but it was very sad for a few days around here. Since we were too busy on his actual birthday watching the election coverage we decided to celebrate his birthday all week, we actually ended up celebrating it for two weeks. Me and Darren always say, "In this house..." and then we make a statement about what we believe in our house. So during his birthday we decided that in this house, we celebrate birthdays all week long. On his actual birthday, November 6, he opened a few presents and we got some barbeque from his favorite place around. It is actually a little restaraunt in a gas staion, so it is a little bit ghetto but those are the best places. Then, on the Friday after his birthday we went out to Applebees with a few friends, and with a giftcard that he got from his sister. After dinner, we came back to our house to have dessert. Darren requested "Darren's Delight" which is really called Cherry Delight, but has been nicknamed Darren's Delight in his family because he loves it so much. For Darren's birthday he also wanted to see the new James Bond movie, Skyfall. We didn't go until last weekend because he asked for movie tickets for his birthday and they didn't get here in time to go during his birthday week. So this past Friday we went down to Idaho Falls and did some fun Christmas shopping, went out to dinner, and then went to see Skyfall. I have been known for not liking "boy" movies very much so I was not that excited to see the movie. I don't know what it is that I don't like about them. I mean I like boy movies like Adam Sandler movies, and I love shows like 24, but I guess I never really got into superheros and movies like that. However, I was really surprised that I loved the James Bond movie. We even watched another James Bond movie with our friends the next day. I know Darren is pretty happy that I like James Bond movies now.

Funny side note: I just found out that my great grandma used to love the James Bond theme songs. She   played the organ and after each new James Bond movie came out she would ask my aunt to go buy the sheet music for the theme song and then she would play it on the organ. I think it is so funny to picture a little old lady playing a James Bond theme song on the organ. I never met my great grandma but I was thinking of her while watching the movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment