Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our Open House

Our open house turned out great even though I had a broken foot and was on crutches. Darren's family had spent so much time working on their yard so that it would be nice for the open house and it turned out beautifully! We also had a lot of yummy food and pretty decorations.
The sign in table
The centerpieces were so pretty. You can't really tell in this picture but they were topiaries with flowers arranged at the bottom. Darren's mom and aunt arranged the flowers and they could seriously do that for a living!
Darren's brother Alan came up with the idea on how to decorate my crutches! Alan did the purple one and my Dad and Darren did the pink one. I love how they coordinated with my wedding colors and I LOVED the big bows. Everyone who came to the open house commented on how much they loved my crutches.
My Mother-in-Law decided to use an extra chair sash to tie around my cast. It was a cute idea and we had fun posing in silly positions with my cast. Even though it was a kind of unfortunate situation we made the best out of it and it really wasn't that bad.
I was even able to take some normal pictures because everyone was holding me up. No one would even know that I had a broken leg in this picture!
I think it was really funny that almost every single person who came to the open house made a comment about Darren beating me. He really does love me! Overall everything turned out really well and I am grateful to the people who put so much time and effort in putting it on for Darren and I. I am sad all of the wedding festivities are over, but it feels nice to not have to stress about it anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment