Friday, July 8, 2011

Today...

Today was a wonderful day. My parents came up to Oregon for my open house tomorrow night. Darren and I took them to Wakena Falls and Multnomah Falls to go for a hike. We did the 5 mile loop around the waterfalls and it was beautiful! My mom absolutely loved it! She kept commenting how beautiful it was and how it looked like the Garden of Eden. I felt super out of shape on the hike because I haven't done much of anything since I got married. All Darren and I do is lay around and sleep in! What can I say though? We're newlyweds! Oh, and Darren's mom makes delicious dessert EVERY night! Really, every night. I love it! Except I don't love what it's doing to my body. So the whole hike I thought I was going to pass out because I couldn't breathe! But other than that it was so much fun. When we finished the hike we went to get an ice cream cone at the bottom of Multnomah Falls but we decided to share one because we were going to go to Chipotle for lunch. I have never been so excited for lunch! I was wiped out and so so hungry. We had to walk back to our car which was half a mile away but we couldn't just walk on the street because the street was too narrow. We had to walk on this little trail just above the road. My Dad offered to run back and get the car for us and I loved that idea. I was fine just sitting and waiting but everyone else just wanted to walk back to the car. I decided to go with them because I didn't want them to think I was lazy, but I should have just let my laziness win that time! When we were about half way through the little trail I stepped on a rock and I heard the loudest snap I have ever heard. I looked at Darren and said, "Did you hear that?" He said no only because he thought what he heard was a tree branch breaking off. My mom said she could here the snap and she was at least 20 feet in front of us! When my foot first snapped I just thought that I twisted it wrong and the pain would go away in a second but that did not happen. All of the sudden the lateral side of my foot went numb and heavy and I couldn't move it at all. I couldn't even move it off the ground. Darren had to give me a piggy back ride back down to the street while my parents went ahead to get the car for us. We got some ice from one of the little venders at the bottom of Multnomah Falls and we iced my foot all the way home. I was so bummed we never got to eat lunch! I was so looking forward to it! We went back to Darren's house to see what we should do and to call different doctors and things. We ended up going to Urgent Care. I got a couple x-rays and they told me that I have a proximal fracture of the fifth metatarsal. Boooo. The doctor said that this particular foot fracture is one where you can't put any weight on the foot at all. I guess some foot fractures can be walked on and heal just fine, but not this one. I can't put any weight on it at all! I have to go to a Orthopedist in a couple of days where they will really tell me what to do and cast it if they need to. It is such a bummer because mine and Darren's open house is tomorrow night and I can't really stand up! We will see how it goes... I wish I at least had a cool story to tell, but oh well!

2 comments: