Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Birthday

My birthday was on a Sunday this year and I got to celebrate up in Oregon. After we went to church I got to open presents. I was spoiled by everyone but especially Darren! He got me all of the things that I wanted, not just 1 thing like I told him to get. I got two new pairs of shoes, some shirts, an applebees giftcard and a new scentsy. Oh, and my camera that I got a little bit early.  Darren and Alan's old first and second grade teacher, Mrs. Hightower, came over for dinner. It was fun to get to know her, she is a very sweet lady. It is cool how Darren's mom has kept in touch with her over the years. 
Overall it was a great day and I am finally 21! Even though this birthday doesn't really mean anything to me, like it does to other people, I actually feel older this year. I feel like now when I tell people my age it doesn't seem so young. I also feel like over this past year I have grown in so many ways and have changed a lot. I am grateful for the past year and what it has taught me. I am glad I got to spend my last year and my special day with Darren. He is so good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment