Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Darren and I celebrated our first married Valentine's Day together. I know so many people think it is a a stupid made-up holiday,but I really like it. It is just a fun day to do nice things for each other and a good excuse to be super lovey! We started celebrating Valentine's Day this past weekend. I have been wanting to go to the mall and so we went down to Idaho Falls to go to the mall and to go out to dinner. I am the one who wanted to go shopping but Darren is the one who ended up getting stuff. He has really been wanting a new coat and we found a coat that he loved and it was 80% off. We just had to get it. So we got a 210 dollar coat for only 50 dollars or something like that. Anyway, I am glad we could finally get him a new coat. After we went shopping we met up with Maddie and Jordan who were also in Idaho Falls and we went out to dinner at Rumby Island Grill. It was so good and we had a lot of fun. After dinner we went to chic-fil-a for shakes. We celebrated Valentine's Day again on the real day. I had do work all day and Darren had school all day but when I walked in the door this is what I saw.
Darren had also cleaned our room which was a huge disaster and I am sure it took him forever. Little things like cleaning our room mean so much to me. It is just one less thing I have to do! Darren also wrote me the nicest card ever. I cried and cried...good thing he was at work when I read it. My big thing is cards and notes. I don't need or want a present I just want to be told how much I am loved, and Darren knows that and so he gave me a wonderful card. When Darren got home from work we went to Costa Vida for dinner which was perfect because my parents got us a gift card for Valentine's Day. When we walked through the door guess who we saw in line? Maddie and Jordan. So we had our second Valentine's Dinner with them too. I got Darren a few presents for Valentine's Day...I made him a map journal, I ordered a memory box thing, and I got him a kindle fire case. We have been wanting a kindle fire case forever so it was kind of just an excuse to buy one. At 10:15 Darren had a basketball game. Who has a basketball game at 10:15 on Valentine's Day? Well we went to his game and they won by a ton. They even ended the game early because they were winning by so much. Overall it was a great day and I am glad I got to spend some extra lovey time with the man I love!
Darren and I before we went to Idaho Falls
Darren's new jacket
Me with my flowers
Darren with his present

1 comment: