Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sledding

We went sledding a few weekends ago with some of our friends and it was so much fun! Seriously I miss being outside. Living in Rexburg I feel like I am cooped up inside all day long and it really doesn't help that I live in a basement! Walking to the car is miserable and the cold seriously aches my bones. But it really isn't that bad once you get 2 pairs of pants, a sweater, a coat, gloves, a hat and a scarf on to go sledding. It is quite nice actually, except my nose runs a lot. After we went sledding I kept telling Darren how I just loved being outside and I wish we could have stayed all day. I guess I should go out and play in the snow more except we have had hardly any this year. One day when it snowed a lot Darren and I took the kids that I watch to the park and played in the snow with them. It was a lot of fun and reminded me of how much I liked to play in the snow when I was a kid. Anyway... back to sledding. We went at night and it was a little scary because the hill was so icy but we all had a lot of fun. We also got to watch some little kids go off huge jumps and fly of their tube. I guess when you are raised in the snow you are fearless of sledding. Darren and I aren't so fearless. We steered clear of the big jumps and one time we accidentally hit a little one which ended up being a lot of fun... Here are some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment