Saturday, January 14, 2012

Winter in Rexburg

We are back in Rexburg, and have been for a couple of weeks, and there is hardly any snow! It is a miracle for Rexburg. I am so glad that there is no snow because I hate driving in it. It is so scary to see everybody's cars swerving on the road. At first I was sad to be back because I just like being in San Diego so much but now I have gotten used to being here again and I am ok with it. I am off-track this semester so I got a job being a nanny for a professor. I feel pretty proud of myself because over 100 people emailed the professor on the first day she posted the job on the bulletin board... and I am the one who got it! It is SO hard to get a job in Rexburg and I am so thankful that both Darren and I have a job. We are really lucky! Darren works on campus and he is a sports first aid coordinator. He has to teach all of the student coaches first aid, work in the room where he tapes people and treats them and stuff, and go to games to help people when they get injured. I think Darren and I both have the jobs that we would really want. He loves taping people, and going to the games. I love the little children that I get to watch everyday. There is a 4 year old boy and a baby girl who just turned 1. I am so happy that I get to watch a baby because it helps with my baby craving just a little bit. Actually some days I leave their house thinking I don't want kids for a while and some days I leave really wanting a baby because the baby is just so cute and cuddly. I guess that's how being a mom would be. There are good days and bad, but mostly good :) And I get to do laundry at their house!! That is so great because I hate going to the laundry-mat and it is so dang expensive! Now I get to do my laundry for free and they have a really fancy washing machine! Other than that, I don't think there is too much new with us. Darren is taking classes...hard ones, but he is almost done with school! horray! I don't get to see Darren nearly as much as I used to because we are both so busy but I think that makes the time we spend together all the more wonderful. We are so excited to see each other at the end of the day and I really like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment