Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Flu Filled Christmas


A few days before Christmas Darren got the flu and was throwing up all day. It lasted for about 2 days and by the time Christmas came he was feeling better. But on Christmas eve a few others came down with the flu and half of the family was throwing up on Christmas. Ocassionaly we had to take a break from opening presents for someone to go puke. Even though half of the family was sick, we all still had a wonderful Christmas and it was a lot of fun!


Darren got a lot of tools for Christmas and a basketball which he was pretty excited about. I got a set of cutco knives which I was really excited about! I have been using them all week and they are so great! I am only a little bit afraid that I am going to chop my finger off! After everyone was done opening their presents there was one Christmas gift left. It was from Amy and Troy to Randy and Linda. When they opened it, they immediately started to cry. The rest of us were a little bit confused and as soon as Amy started crying, I thought, she's pregnant! I was right, she is pregnant and she kept it a secret for almost 4 months! It was a joy filled Christmas for all! The day after Christmas we all went with Amy to her ultrasound to find out the gender of her baby! Some of us placed bets, most of us thought it would be a girl, but it is actually a boy! After we knew the gender the girls got to crafting making baby boy things! Babies are so fun and I am so excited for Amy and Troy and I am excited that I am going to have a nephew!

A picture of all of us at the ultrasound

No comments:

Post a Comment